The Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service offers confidential counselling and mental health advice to students registered with Imperial College London.This is a key role, with the post holder acting as the first point of contact for callers telephoning, emailing, or visiting the Service reception. You will make appointments for students and signpost to other services as appropriate. The ability to remain calm and functioning when dealing with people in distress is essential, as are excellent customer service skills and an understanding of the issues involved in working within a confidential setting.
The Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service is a busy service, and the post holder will need to be able to manage competing priorities effectively.They will work with the Service Coordinator, the Service Administrator, the Deputy Head of Service and the Head of Service to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Service reception and administration.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will sensitively act as a first point of contact for students who present themselves to the Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service, signposting to other sources of support where appropriate
- Maintain the Service diary, the Electronic record system, and associated administration for students booking an appointment with the Service.
- Provide a confidential, efficient, and courteous customer service to all callers telephoning, emailing or visiting the Service
- Participate in Mental Health Awareness events provided by the service and service promotion events as required Support students in crisis and contribute to coordinating responses across campuses.
- You will be educated to at least A Level and have experience of working at a similar level in a client-centred educational counselling, health or social work setting.
- You will possess excellent and demonstrable ICT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and databases, and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities, being accurate and consistent, and able to handle sensitive and confidential data effectively
- You will have the ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team to enhance student experience and satisfaction.
Please demonstrate how you meet all the essential criteria and person specification in your application.
This role will be based at our South Kensington campus and other campuses as required. All the important information is provided in the Job Description and Person Specification. If having read these, you still have a query, or any questions about the application process, please contact Rob Eastwood via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 21st January 2022 midnight GMT
interviews will be held on Wednesday 2 nd February 2022
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .