Working remotely, the post-holder will facilitate effective and timely risk assessment and contact tracing to the Imperial College London community in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures to the following groups:
- Asymptomatic individuals who test positive for COVID-19 via IC asymptomatic testing programme
- Students or staff who declare a positive COVID-19 result arising from a test undertaken by the NHS or rapid test eg Lateral Flow test
- Symptomatic staff or students, waiting for COVID-19 test results
You will notify key internal stakeholders such as Imperial College Student Union, Residences, Student Services, Campus Services, Registry, Human Resources or Estates in line with SOP’s.
You will be responsible for the sharing of risk assessment information and Contact Tracing with Public Health England and or Local Authority Public Health leads.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake interviews and risk assessment with suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases, interpreting information to provide timely, accurate clinical and general advice following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Work autonomously, exercise judgement, analysis and fact finding to ascertain if individuals have been on IC premises.
- Work in a professional manner, supporting and reassuring positive cases. Signpost to relevant services to ensure safeguarding and welfare issues are met.
- Accurate recording and documentation at all times
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as departments, student union, Halls of Residences, Campus Services, Registry, Human Resources in line with SOPs.
- Be able to prioritise workload according to risk.
- Maintain and keep up to date with COVID-19 guidance issued by IC, NHS, PHE & Government.
- Ensure the needs of the Contact Tracing Service are covered during 08:00 and 20:00hrs, including overtime/TOIL as required.
- Undertake relevant CPD training to satisfy professional body requirements.
- Work within your own competence and capabilities, seeking advice and support when appropriate
You should be
- With the GMC/NMC register or have Allied Health Professional registrant.
- You should be degree educated
- You should have experience of remote clinical assessment and use of a clinical records database
- You should have provision of advice using email templates
- You should have principles of confidentiality in an employment / educational setting
Please see the job description for a full list of the essential and desirable criteria.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Leigh Turvey, COVID-19 Testing & Contact Tracing Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if required
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
Further information about the DBS disclosure process can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/ or by telephoning 03000 200 190. You may also wish to view the College’s DBS webpage for policy statements on the Recruitment and Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Use, Retention & Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .