Are you passionate about community engagement? Do you have experience managing multiple projects in a community setting? Are you looking to develop a career in engagement? If so an exciting opportunity has arisen for an organised project coordinator to join Imperial College London’s Community Engagement Team (White City Campus) in a one year Maternity Cover role.
Over the past four years, the White City Community Engagement Team have been working to build relationships with local stakeholders in White City and North Kensington, an area with a population of 100,000 residents. This has included a range of innovative and engaging community programmes such as science pop-ups and campus tours, drone making with young people, tech literacy programmes for the elderly and a women’s community leadership programme. The team is now looking for a passionate and self-driven project coordinator to help support the continued delivery of established programmes and contribute to the development of new activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and high energy team aspiring to make a positive impact in the area local to the College’s campus in White City.
Duties and responsibilities
- To simultaneously coordinate and a deliver establish community programmes, virtually and in the area local to Imperial’s new White City Campus, as well as in The Invention Rooms.
- Provide project coordination support for new community initiatives and produce project documentation e.g. project plans, timelines, risk assessments and budgets
- Volunteer management and coordination
- General event management
- Social media communications
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident team member who:
- is passionate about community engagement
- has demonstrable experience managing and delivering multiple projects for a diverse range of audiences
- strong organisational and planning skills and ability to multitask effectively, with a proven ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- has experience working collaboratively in a community setting with a variety of stakeholders.
- has a professional attitude and is self-motivated
We usually appoint at the start of the salary scale.
Please be aware, we are running a name-blind application process for this post as part of the College’s commitment to equality of opportunity and eliminating discrimination. Applicants will be assigned an application reference number and applicants’ names will not be visible to recruiting managers until the interview stage.
Pleaseensure you remove any personal information e.g. name, address, email etc. from any documents you attach to your application such as a CV or supporting statement.
Closing date: Friday 12 th February
Interview date: Tuesday 23 rd or Wednesday 24 th February
If you meet the essential criteria and would like to discuss this role, please contact Priya Pallan, Community Engagement Manager, White City on email@example.com . For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.