We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Content Design Assistant to join our growing Digital team. You will play a key role in creating engaging audience-led content on Imperial’s digital channels, guiding, and supporting the College’s digital community, providing excellent customer service and promoting continuous improvement.
You will also edit and produce content for key sections of the website and plan and carry out user research and analytics activities. You will help to implement an audience based / user-centric content strategy to manage content across key channels such as the main website, news, blogs and events platforms and the Imperial Mobile application.
You should be a passionate advocate of writing compelling digital copy, user experience, accessibility standards, and search engine optimisation. Working as part of the Digital team, you will demonstrate a practical mix of excellent content design and editorial skills, experience with a range digital publishing platforms and channels, and familiarity with user research techniques.
You will also be a key member of the wider Communications Division , supporting the mission and strategies of the Division to build and maintain the College’s brand, image and reputation
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting theupdatingof key landing pagesof the main Imperial website .
- Supporting the team to plan, model, editandreview digital content for new sections ofthemain Imperial website,other Imperialwebsites andthe Imperial Mobile app .
- Working to improve areas of the website according to aprioritisationplan and the content strategy, balanced with requests from internal stakeholders.
- Supporting teamsacrossImperialwith creating online contentfor new projects and campaignsincluding copy editing and sourcing imagery.
- Responding to CMS user support queries and providing advice.
- Testing the website content against WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and updating accessibility statements.
- Carryingout rolling content audits and information architecture reviews of high-profile sections ofthe College’s website.
- Producingdigital publishing best practice guidance material, such as website and newsletter articles and blog posts
- Supporting the delivery of training to content editors in Administration and Support Services teams, keystakeholdersand faculty web support teams (train the trainer) for new and existing digital platforms.
- Working as part of the wider ContentDesign teamto supportuser research activities to test information architecture, content,andmicrocopychanges.
- Using research and digital analytics tools to evaluate content performance.
- Working with Imperial’s website editor community to ensure quality assurance on the website including fixing broken links and updating out of dateor incorrectcontent.
To perform this role successfully you willhave:
- A degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience gained in a position such as website editor, digital editor, content editor or content producer
- Experience of working with a range of digital content publishing systems
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation best practice
- Strong editorial skills and ability to create content that is user-led, accessible and usable
- Digital content production skills, based on a range of medium such as text, data, images, video, audio
- User research skills, including the ability to design, coordinate, carry out, and report on user research activities
- Excellent standards of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability to act independently and make decisions without supervision, using judgement and discretion
This role is full-time for a fixed term period of 12 months
For informal enquiries, please contact Geoffrey Day, Content Design Manager: email@example.com .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .