An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employee Relations Adviser to join an established Employee Relations team based at South Kensington (current remote working) .
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating your own ER case load, supporting managers with investigations through to advising disciplinary panels on appropriate sanctions . You will manage a full range of cases including disciplinary, grievance, flexible working , research misconduct, capability and probation. Y ou will also deliver training to managers on ER issues. Additionally you will proactively contribute to the improvements in the ER service through reviewing policies, procedures and ways of working.
Provide first line expert guidance, advice and support on a range of employment-related matters including contractual issues, sickness absence management and Occupational Health referrals.
Utilise conflict management knowledge to resolve issues informally
Update case management spreadsheet and contribute to the collection of data.
Drafting of accurate and timely reports, hearing formats and advice compliant with internal policies, best practice and legal requirements.
- You will have experience of managing a full ER caseload
- You will ideally be CIPD qualified or have equivalent work experience.
- Have a good working knowledge of employment law and how it applies in practice.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; be an effective communicator and ability to build credibility quickly.Experience of writing reports and correspondence
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to campuses across West London
This is a fixed term contract for two years
For further details about the job please contact Catherine Watt on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .