Are you an outstanding events professional with experience in project managing and delivering high profile and strategic events? Do you enjoy going above and beyond to deliver seamless events? Do you have a keen eye for detail coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture? Are you a skilled communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders? If so, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Imperial College London is looking for a highly organised Events Officer to project manage and deliver a portfolio of events which are central to the advancement and reputation of the College and maximise opportunities to engage with Imperial’s stakeholders and friends.
Imperial College London is a science-based university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines.
The Institutional Events Team organises approximately 70 events a year including the College’s biannual graduation ceremonies at the Royal Albert Hall, graduation eve dinners, building openings and VIP visits as well as a programme of inaugural and special lectures and ad hoc events. Building effective and successful partnerships with colleagues across the College as well as with senior leadership, is an important aspect of this role.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Project manage and deliver a portfolio of events including dinners, receptions, lectures, VIP tours and building openings as assigned by the Senior Events Manager
- Deliver professional events on time, on budget and that meet objectives
- Write and deliver briefings for senior leadership and stakeholders
- Chair planning meetings for events, ensure all parties are clear on roles, responsibilities and timeframes and follow up with clear notes and actions
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the part an event plays in the bigger picture of the College strategy and understand how to produce events that support institutional goals whilst managing stakeholder expectations
To do this successfully, you will:
- Have experience of project managing and delivering events and time-pressured projects.
- Possess outstanding communication skills and a proven ability to build and maintain successful working relationships at all levels.
- Be able to prioritise and work under pressure, producing high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a positive approach and a high level of discretion in working with VIPs and sensitive information and be solutions-focused when challenges arise.
- Show initiative and enjoy being part of a dynamic and high performing team.
This position is full-time and Fixed term until 31 July 2022.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .