Fixed Term to 31.07.2022
Do you have a flair for excellent customer service? Are you interested in meeting people and supporting them? If so, we have opportunities for you to join the Residential Services Department within the Campus Services Division at an internationally renowned university.
Ideally we are looking for an immediate start and the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and monitoring of the halls of residence management services to students. You will act as a first point of contact for students and guests and therefore you must be customer focused and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of the halls of residence, including administration and reception duties
- Liaising with the Student Accommodation Office about student arrivals and departures from the hall
- Ensuring that cleaning, maintenance and other services are carried out to the agreed standard in liaison with the contract supervisors and managers
- Reporting, recording of defects and liaison with the College’s approved Contractors
- Ensure full compliance with the UUK Student Accommodation Code (or other code of practice, such as ANUK where applicable)
- Availability to work beyond the stated working hours to ensure provision of a full range of services, as detailed on the job description
- Proven experience in a similar position in a hotel or higher education residential environment
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation particularly in relation to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) and the Student Accommodation Code
- Proven ability of working in a customer focused environment
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work within and develop a team
- Adept at providing direction and overseeing the work of others
- Proven competence in interacting effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to exercise initiative
- Ability to work towards ensuring equal opportunities objectives are met
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook) and in-depth knowledge and experience of diary based booking systems (e.g. Kinetic Solutions Kx)
- Ability to manage own workload and time effectively with limited supervision
Operational Services Grade 2b
£30,273 – £33,180 Full Time / Fixed Term to 31.07.2022
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, but will require a flexible approach to working, including occasional evenings and weekends and able to work at any location, as reasonably required.
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!
Closing date: Midnight on Monday, 20 September 2021
Please note, we do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of applications .
For further information please contact Carlos Lozano, Village Manager by email on email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .