Do you enjoy working with people and providing an outstanding customer service experience? Want to join a world leading university where you can really make a difference? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to initiate your career in Human Resources.
The HR Staff Hub is the first point of contact for all HR, Payroll and Pensions queries and is also responsible for all transactional HR Operations for the College.
Your role will include allocating incoming queries, distributing incoming mail, distributing mail received through e-portals, issuing pension scheme letters, distributing member statements, and directing customers to advice available online.
In this entry-level post, you will get exposure across the HR function, and there is excellent scope to develop your skill and knowledge, take on more responsibility, and start a career in HR. You will be part of a large HR team with experienced and passionate HR professionals who will help you thrive.
Duties and responsibilities
You will provide administrative support to the Staff Hub and be the front line of our HR service to the college community.
- Resolve HR, Payroll and Pension queries
- Allocate and triage incoming work items to the relevant team or team members via HR Portal
- Process basic contract changes, leavers forms, references and other ad hoc letters
- Support offline administrative processes, example for audits and data cleansing
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date staff records on the Oracle HR database and electronic filing systems.
To excel in this role, you will need to:
- Have experience of prioritising and handling a large, varied workload to tight deadlines
- Have excellent customer service skills and be a confident communicator with the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Have an eye for detail in all correspondence and data entry
- Be able to work diligently on their own and in a group, exhibiting use of initiative
This opportunity will suit someone who can learn modern technology quickly, who has experience working in a frontline customer service environment and enjoys working in a lively team.
This role is a full time and we are looking to make 1 appointment.
We reserve the right to close the advert prior to the closing date stated should we received a high volume of applications. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .