We are looking for an experienced Administrator to help deliver a range of services designed to protect the health of staff and students at Imperial College London and some external organisations in the local area.
You will work alongside a team of administrative and clinical staff assisting in the day to day running of the Occupational Health Service by providing reception and administrative support in a front of house and customer facing role, liaising with internal and external clients to assist in the overall smooth running of the service.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organised individual with experience supporting projects. The postholder will be responsible for the administration of the health surveillance programme and provide administrative support in the undertaking of College wide face fit re-testing programme of individuals currently enrolled on the health surveillance programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide reception service booking and arriving of service users.
- Deal with diverse telephone enquiries from service users and manage several dedicated mailboxes ensuring emails are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the administration of the College health surveillance programme.
- Book rooms and individuals, technicians including organising transportation of equipment and supplies between multiple sites.
- Provide administrative support for medical student health clearance and vaccination programmes.
- Process management and self-referral, health surveillance programme, employment health assessment, including travel health clearance.
- Process clinical test results, updating the OH database and booking follow-up appointment.
- Signpost individuals to OH services including internal and external sources of advice, support, and information.
- Provide administrative support for the College’s Well Person Programme.
- Process departmental finances such as raising purchase orders and dealing with expense claims.
- Liaise with contractors responsible for the maintenance and servicing of resources including medical equipment.
- Good standard of general education or demonstrable experience
- Experience of providing a responsive customer-focused service in an administrative function (telephone, electronic communication and face-to-face)
- Working knowledge of data protection and confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and effective time management
- Ability to exercise initiative and plan work independently
- Able to work methodically with close attention to detail
- A high degree of computer literacy, understanding and demonstrable experience of the Microsoft 365 suite (Excel, SharePoint, Word, Outlook)
- Able to adapt to new systems and processes
- Ability to exercise good judgement and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Able to deal with a wide variety of people and challenges, working effectively and collaboratively at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the capacity to communicate effectivity with service users
The successful candidate will be subject to a standard DBS check.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Mr Kobir Ahmed, Business Systems and Operations Manager – email@example.com
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
Further information about the DBS disclosure process can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/ or by telephoning 03000 200 190. You may also wish to view the College’s DBS webpage for policy statements on the Recruitment and Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Use, Retention & Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .