An exciting opportunity has arisen within the College’s Transformation and Operational Improvement teams for an Operational Improvement Specialist to support the successful implementation of a range of support service transformations and operating model change. You will use facilitation, process analysis and ‘voice of the user’ skills to identify and define improvement opportunities, supporting transformation programmes and projects in College. The role requires an individual with Lean Six Sigma / Operational Improvement experience, with a focus on process improvement and identification of waste in processes.
Duties and responsibilities
Selected duties and responsibilities include:
- Investigating and defining service / business problems and associated processes.
- Identifying, analysing and interpreting complex data and evidence, making recommendations for process improvements or new service opportunities.
- Facilitating the creation and validation of process maps to describe both ‘as is’ and ‘future state’ service / business processes.
- Designing and facilitating team and cross-function improvement projects based on the requirements of the lead sponsor and programme manager.
- Planning, capturing and analysing voice of the end user / stakeholder.
- Working with process owners and key stakeholders to define the end-to-end vision for excellence for their services, identifying process metrics and opportunities for service improvement
- Supporting the delivery of project objectives and outcomes through the project lifecycle, including the management of low/medium complexity projects when required
- Proven experience in planning and progressing work activities; setting objectives, milestones and implementing regular reviews to evaluate progress.
- Proven ability to organise and facilitate activities that deliver the required outputs.
- Experience of working with Project Management methods. such as APMP, PRINCE2, MSP
- Experience in ‘Voice of the User’ tools and techniques
- Ability to collect complex data, analyse key findings and make recommendations for senior staff.
- Proven ability to draft written reports in a clear way that addresses key issues in a succinctly
- Demonstrable ability to integrate into a range of teams and functions effectively
- Effective partnership working and interpersonal skills
- Capability to present to and speak fluently with individuals/groups using empathy to understand the stakeholders’ differing needs
- Ability to lead engagement with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and respect, and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required
For informal enquiries about this post, please contact Angus Brown, Head of Operational Improvement firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fixed term contract (maternity cover) until 31 July 2022.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .