Imperial College Business School offers a diverse and vibrant environment in which towork. Located in the heart of South Kensington, theSchooldeliversworld-class business education and research, and this post-doctoral researcher job opportunity offers an exciting opportunity to join the professional, busy and expanding Department of Finance.
Duties and responsibilities
Imperial College Business School is beginning an initiative to study household data and decision-making in financial markets around the world, in an effort to develop a deeper academic understanding of household beliefs, preferences, and constraints.
To contribute to this exciting initiative, you will work on projects which harness technological prowess to unearth patterns from data; and combine and discipline data analysis with economic theory and structural economic modelling. This will require a range of techniques in economic analysis including both empirical and theoretical work. The aspiration is to establish an academic knowledge-base on the underlying factors driving household decisions in a range of markets including risky assets, credit, pensions, and housing.
Key Responsibilities & Main Duties for Research Associate
- Conduct finance and economics research ona number ofprojects related to the initiative.
- Acquiring, collating, and analysing big datasets (structured, unstructured, administrative data, and surveys) from around the world documenting household financial and economic behaviour.
- Using state-of-the-art machine learning and other computing techniques to interrogate these data.
- Developing structural models to map patterns in the data into the beliefs, preferences, and constraints of households and of the agents that they interact with.
- Co-author manuscripts for submission to high-impact international journals in economics and finance.
- Contribute towards the development of research grant applications
- Participate in theday to dayresearch activities of the Business School
- Present your research to a variety of audiences including funders, academics, and policy makers, at seminars, national and international conferences
- Undertake appropriate administration tasks associated with working at Imperial College
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Centre, Business School and College
- Undertake any necessary training and/or development to equip you with the tools and ability to conduct the required research
- Hold aPhDor near completion of onein Economics or Finance
- Theoretical and statistical / econometric analyses in research projects
- Communication and dissemination of academic research to a variety of audiences
This full-time post willcommence from July/August 2022 and will be forfixed term of24months (with possible extensionfor up to a further 12 months).
Imperial College offers a wide range of benefits as well as a unique opportunity to work with friendly and dedicated people. We also offer you our commitment to training and development and a generous leave provision.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact:The Brevan Howard Centre, on email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .