Research Associate in Machine Learning and Wireless Communications
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Applications are invited for a Research Associate position in the intersection of machine learning and communications. The successful candidates will be based within the Information Processing and Communications Laboratory under the direction of Prof. Deniz Gunduz.
This is a fixed-term appointment: for 12 months or until 31 October 2022.
Further information about the posts is available in the job description.
Duties and responsibilities
Your role will be to carry out independent research in the intersection of machine learning, information theory, and wireless communications. Background and research experience in some or all of wireless communication system, coding theory, information theory, distributed learning, reinforcement learning, and modern deep learning architectures is desired.
You are expected to actively write and submit publications to top refereed journals and conferences and to contribute to attracting external research funding.
The project includes an allowance for you to travel to international conferences.
You must have a PhD degree (or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline
You must also meet the following criteria:
- Considerable experience in machine learning, coding theory, communication theory, optimization and information theory.
- High level of analytical and computing skills
- Proven research record and publications in relevant areas, commensurate with career stage
- Programming experience
- Excellent communication skills, and able to organise your work with minimal supervision
- Fluent in spoken and written English
*Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £36,694 – £39,888 per annum.
For informal enquiries about the post please contact Dr Deniz Gunduz at email@example.com .
Any queries regarding the application process should be directed to Ms. Joan O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .