Target Malaria is recruiting a senior communications manager to lead the global level internal and external communications activities for the project as part of the global stakeholder engagement team. Communications is an integral part of Stakeholder Engagement (SE), which is one of the 3 foundational pillars of Target Malaria, and this senior level position will be responsible for delivering the strategic vision for communications, directing communications at the global level, as well as representation of the project with external stakeholders. The manager will be responsible for the oversight of the global team supporting communications both in our African partner countries but also at a pan-African level. This position will be responsible for development and management communications for Target Malaria throughout its different development phases and to ensure that communication is appropriate and acceptable as the project evolves. This position is essential for delivery of critical milestones for the project during the current funding period and beyond.
This position will work closely with the SE coordinator, SE development officer, graphic designer, media officer, SE and communications project managers and the regulatory affairs manager. The senior communications manager is part of projects senior leadership team and reports directly to the Stakeholder Engagement Manager.
A deep commitment to the mission of developing and sharing new, cost-effective and sustainable genetic technologies to modify mosquitoes and reduce malaria transmission is required.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will build and lead the global communications team responsible for three sub-functions within Target Malaria:
- The global communications function, responsible for global and pan-African communications with national and international influencers, policy and decision makers as well as other key stakeholders (malaria sector, health sector, civil society, NGOs, etc.).
- The global media and social media function, responsible for managing the project’s reputation and positioning and navigating the complex and dynamic space in relation to growing interest in the fight against malaria and gene drive technology.
- The support function for in-country communication, responsible for the strategic communications support of 5 African partner institutions on communications and ensuring consistency between countries.
As such the senior communications manager is responsible for the oversight of all communications activities at all levels (global, pan-African, support to African countries). You are responsible for ensuring alignment between the different levels, overall strategy, internal policy.
Some of the essential criterial for this post are listed below. Business level competency in oral and written English, French and Portuguese is critical and will be used to determine if a candidate is selected for interview:
- Business level competency in oral and written English, French and Portuguese
- Postgraduate qualification in International Development, Social Sciences (or similar), Communications or media, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive training and/or experience
- Extensive experience and expertise in working with global projects/institutions around complex interventions in developing countries
- Extensive experience of management of remote teams
- Proven experience in designing and implementing communications programmes
- Experience in driving the implementation of development projects and programs within a complex organisation – particularly with no direct line management responsibilities
- Direct experience of working with teams in Africa
- Experience in large public health projects
- Advanced knowledge of communications issues and practices and an understanding of their implications for the development, implementation and evaluation of communications plan
- Understanding of communications challenges related to innovation, in particular in the field of biotechnologies
Please see the job description for full details and person specification.
Previous note that previous applicants need not apply.
This post is full time, fixed term to 31 January 2023, renewable.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Naima Sykes, Stakeholder Engagement Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .