An exciting opportunity has arisen for maternity cover for a senior finance business partner within the College support service finance team. The support service finance team provide accountancy and business partnership support for all core non-academic departments, with a combined net budget of over £200m. This large and diverse portfolio includes the Provost and Vice Provosts’ Group, the President Headquarter Group, the College Secretary Group, and the Operations Group.
We are looking for an experienced applicant with strong analytical and communication skills to provide business partnership support to the Vice Provost (Education) and Directors across the support service education portfolio, helping facilitate ambitious and important change.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provision of analysis, including the development of metrics, to help the organisation understand the value drivers that are changing either the cost or the revenue side of the organisation.
- Generate new value propositions, some of which will challenge prevailing opinion and current ways of working.
- Partner with department heads and operational managers to develop local plans, ensuring alignment with longer term College wide strategic financial planning.
- Utilise knowledge of external and internal factors to provide insight to senior management on the financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Present fact-based analyses of cost drivers and financial sustainability so that departments can understand their options and make needed trade-offs.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or other appropriate accounting qualification), or an equivalent level of experience and professional qualifications
- Experience working closely with senior management, providing financial analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Ability to quickly grasp and communicate complex issues clearly, concisely, sensitively, assertively, and diplomatically.
- Ability to build credibility and influence at a senior level.
- Proactive, positive, customer centric and determined to add value.
- Proven ability to deliver against a range of conflicting demands.
- Strong IT skills, advanced Excel, and finance systems (preferably Oracle and Essbase)
Candidates are required to complete an online application.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Chid Ofoego – email@example.com
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28/02/2021
Interviews: week commencing 08/03/2021
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .