The UK DRI Care Research and Technology at Imperial has been established to address a medical research area of highest importance and future impact as one of seven new national centres of excellence embedded in major UK universities. Together the centres will transform the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with dementias. The MRC, alongside charity partners Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK, have invested £250m in fulfilment of the ambition identified in the Prime Minister’s 2020 Challenge on Dementia.
This role is responsible for the development and delivery of integrated view software for UKDRI Care and Technology Centre for dementia and other healthcare software developments, design and development of the technical infrastructure (i.e. database and the Cloud servers) and analytical methods. This will include the development of key technology to ensure the integration of the hardware/software solutions and FIHR database deployment within the system. This post holder will undertake system design and development work which is currently unique in the world, which will by definition have to evolve as the project progresses.
Duties and responsibilities
- To work with clinical and technical teams in order to develop software solutions for the emerging AI and technology enabled dementia
- Design and development of innovative software applications.
- The role will primarily involve the development of software systems and integration of devices/algorithms for a new care support digital platform.
- The role will also involve development of data collection, storage, access interfaces and development of end-user interfaces and back-end applications and
- The role will involve integration of machine learning and data analytics solutions into the UK DRI’s digital platform.
- Software development according to within the MHRA and medical certificate guidelines and preparing the documentation
- The post holder will be primarily a technical expert with software development experience and will require to be familiar with medical certification requirements.
- The post holder will contribute to technical software development to ensure alignment with evolving research and development
- Degree level qualification in Electronic Engineering, Computing or other related areas
- Research and development experience in software systems and device level programming and service computing
- Experience in software development in distributed environments and FIHR services
- Significant development in back-end scripting environments, python and object-oriented programming languages
- Experience of working with secure and reliable software development
- Experience in distributed database systems
This is a full time-fixed term contract of employment for 3 years based at the Hammersmith Campus, London.
Should you have any general queries regarding this position please contact Dawn Tharpe at email@example.com .
For research related enquiries please contact Professor Payam Barnaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .