Are you a proactive individual with demonstrable administrative experience, excellent IT and communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team?
We are seeking to appoint a Team Administration Assistant to provide administrative support to the Transformation Projects and Operational Improvement (OI) team.
This is a pivotal and busy role where the post holder will be required to work across several programme and project teams, therefore, flexibility is key along with a high level of adaptability and resourcefulness.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for office administration, providing administrative support to the Transformation Projects and Operational Improvement projects and where required to the Transformation Programme Manager and Head of Operational Improvement.
You will oversee the logistics of meeting schedules, including planning and circulating agendas, booking meeting rooms, organising catering and audio-visual facilities (as required), taking minutes, and tracking and following up actions.
You will support the teams with administrative tasks, including record keeping, invoice management, raising purchase orders, electronic file management and web page maintenance.
- Experience working in a similar administrative role, in a large complex organisation.
- Proven experience as a cooperative and proactive team member who can also work independently.
- Professionally and personally committed to complete tasks successfully and produce excellent results at work.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent standards of written and spoken English, with good IT literacy and experience using the Microsoft Suite.
This is 0.8 FTE and a fixed term post until 31.07.2022.
Home working or office based at South Kensington Campus.
Hybrid working with flexible hours is available.
Secondments available to internal applicants.
Candidatesare requiredto complete an online application, with supporting statement. CVs only will not be considered.
Closing date: Thursday 11 November 2021.
Interview date: Thursday 25 November 2021.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact:
Amanda Naylor, Communications Manager – email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .