As Translational Research Manager the post holder will work with Professor Molly Stevens and the members of her team for coordinating the research translation process and the advancement of the group’s technologies through to market adoption. The post holder will be expected to acquire and develop strong expertise and knowledge across a range of scientific areas around biomaterials and bioengineering. They will be expected to understand the science behind the research and development strategy. The post holder will be a confident self-starter and collaborative member of the team and will display impeccable work ethics.
Duties and responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include:
- Gain and maintain an overview of the Stevens’ group scientific capabilities and portfolio.
- Establish an effective team workflow to research, collate, organise, and edit material for inclusion in grant and patent applications and reports.
- Organise and lead in initial meetings and calls to engage with internal College teams and with potential stakeholders in industry, funding agencies and start-ups.
- Efficiently manage all parties involved in the process of patent drafting.
- Liaise and communicate with key stakeholders, including principal investigators, researchers, funding agencies, academic and industrial collaborators, and College management teams, to ensure that high quality documents are submitted within agreed deadlines.
- Provide regular reporting to Prof Stevens to inform the IP and funding strategy based on a thorough analysis of the funding landscape and developments in the field of bioengineering and materials for healthcare applications.
- Address issues related to the IP protection process independently and use criteria to escalate to senior staff in a timely manner.
- Provide input on financial aspects of IP protection and industry-funded research.
- Help the Stevens group staff in the daily management of the research support activities.
- Attend progress and management meetings as required and network with the other research groups.
- Develop any required skills and knowledge.
- Develop contacts and research collaborations within the College and the wider community.
- Promote the reputation of the Group, the Departments and the College.
Candidates/post holders will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A first degree (or equivalent) or a masters (or equivalent) in materials science, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or similar.
- A PhD (or equivalent) in materials science, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or similar.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team in the HE sector, or other, demonstrating development through involvement in progressively more demanding roles.
- Proven management experience, with the ability to motivate and develop members of their team.
- Experience at contributing at senior level within organisations.
- Experience presenting key issues to senior managers and academic staff.
- Significant experience writing scientific texts e.g. grant proposals, reports and patents.
- Experience communicating scientific concepts to a range of academia, industry and general audiences.
Further guidance may be sought from Mrs Darakshan Khan ( email@example.com ).
Further information can be obtained from Professor Molly Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .