Manages one of the1st line support teams delivering TechBar, Service Desk or Field Engineering Support, meeting defined service levels and performance standards, supporting prospective, current and alumni students and College staff.
The role rotates across manages TechBar, Service Desk or Field Engineering Support, such that they are building up a broad and deep understanding of how the College uses the services ICT delivers.
The job holder, as part of their role, will be expected to spend some of their time doing hands- on 1st line support. The role draws upon relevant knowledge of the ICT delivered technologies that the College uses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads and manages one of the 1st Line Support teams to deliver to required performance standards. These 1st line support teams are:
- 1st Line Service Desk to College staff and students, handling calls, emails, chat and service management tool raised incidents, service requests and queries.
- TechBar, providing face to face support to College staff and students to help resolve incidents, fulfil service requests and address queries, at specific locations around the College.
- Field Engineering Support, providing desk side support to College staff and students to help resolve incidents, fulfil service requests and address queries.
- Contributes to the delivery of strategy and plan for providing 1st line support services, to meet cost, service performance and user satisfaction requirements.
- Directly contributes to the effectiveness and efficiency of 1st line services that is contributed to all ICT customers and ensures this continues to improve, coupled with improved customer satisfaction, through:
- Customer satisfaction data gathering to prioritise improvements.
- Increased use of self-help and self-service capabilities.
- Correct resourcing of the relevant service operations channels (Service Desk, TechBar, Field Support) to meet customer demand.
- Continually undertakes, reviews and implements improvement actions, on an ongoing basis, to improve the 1st line support service experience for ICT customers.
- Manages staff rotas for 1st line support.
- Ensures that all incidents are progressed in accordance with assigned priorities and service levels.
- Acts as an escalation point for 1st line support analysts, and responsible to assess, solve or escalates any operational problems, including to the Incident Manager and 2nd/3rd Line Support teams.
- Degree or equivalent
- Proven experience of delivering 1st line support services through multiple channels, including at least 4 of the following: Phone, Email, Web Chat, TechBar, Desk Side Support, within a large organisation
- Experience in a 1st line support leadership role, leading teams to achieve performance standards and service levels, within a large organisation
- Proven experience of incident management and service request processes and procedures, within a large organisation
- Line and performance management of 5-10 staff
- Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach, highly organised
The successful candidate will be working a shift pattern between 06:00 and 23:00. The 1 st Line Support analysts are regularly rotated around all Imperial College London’s Campuses including Silwood.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .