Active Lifestyles Instructor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Active Lifestyles Instructor to join the Move Imperial Department in their state-of-the-art sports centre facility, Ethos, based in the heart of South Kensington.
Ethos serves Imperial students and staff as well as the local community and includes wet and dry facilities. Further information on this facility can be found at https://www.imperial.ac.uk/ethos/
The role is to provide quality levels of customer service to our facility users and to support them with any fitness or health goals they may have. To ensure that proper and safe practice, in line with our operating procedures, is followed within our facilities.
You will also support the Active Lifestyles Team to deliver fitness, health or wellbeing related activities across all our sites throughout the year.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist and encourage users to make the most of the gym and to meet their fitness goals
- Ensure fair use of gym equipment
- Supervise, control and ensure the safety of users
- Ensure the gym equipment is maintained to a high standard via daily cleaning and equipment checks, reporting any faults to the management team
- Deliver group fitness classes
- Working with Sport Imperial staff to deliver a complete and successful programme of activities and events
- Respond to general enquiries - in person on the gym floor or online.
- Assist with Wellbeing events and Move Imperials recreational programmes
- Minimum REPS Level 3 Fitness Instructor certificate
- Delivering group fitness classes and fitness assessments
- Experience of writing and delivering programmes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and First Aid qualified
- Excellent customer service experience
- Ability to direct and supervise users in the safe use of the gym
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of customers
- Good administrative/organisational skills and ability manage own time and prioritise tasks
- Good standard of general fitness
- Up to date with the current wellbeing and fitness trends
This opportunity will make the most of your experience and interest if you have been in roles or completed qualifications within: Fitness/Gym instructor, group fitness instructing, personal training, recent sport science graduate.
- Grade: Operational Services Level 1b
- Contracts: 2 x Full time
- Hours: The standard working week consists of 37 hours per week, 5 days over 7
- This role is on a rota pattern to be determined in advance by your Line Manager
- Location: Ethos Sports Centre, South Kensington Campus
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
Closing date: at midnight on Thursday, 27 January 2022
Please note, we do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of applications .
For further information, please contact James Perry, Sports Development Manager by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .