The Activities Operations Administrator is a critical role in delivering the Students’ Union’s support for student-led Clubs, Societies and Projects (CSPs).
The role will provide administrative support as part of the high-quality support service for student volunteers and members engaging with our 350 Clubs, Societies and Student Led Projects. The role is responsible for supporting operational activities including:
- CSP administration support
- Administration for the Union Fleet
- CSP governance and financial administration
Duties and responsibilities
- To receive and respond to everyday enquiries by administering the Student Activities Department’s front line service, maintaining the central inbox and delivering our drop-in service.
- To administer room bookings, space, storage and access for Clubs, Societies and Projects (CSP), Management Groups and Constituent Unions.
- To provide administration support of the Union fleet including legal compliance, driver compliance, maintenance, staffing and finances.
- To provide administration support for governance of Clubs, Societies and Projects (CSP), Management Groups and Constituent Unions including elections, CSPB, core documentation and policies.
- To work with relevant student officers, colleagues and managers to support the delivery of the Union’s strategic aims for student activities.
- Endeavour at all times to empower students and support them in carrying out their duties as appropriate.
- Experience of administration and delivery
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of people and stakeholders
- Knowledge of structures, issues, and trends affecting Student Activities in Higher Education.
- An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues in practice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to relate to people at all levels
Please note this role is with the Students’ Union. We’re a registered charity in our right, with our own governance, systems, processes and objectives. However, we work extremely closely with Imperial College London, so you’ll also be joining a wider community of staff working within higher education. If you’ve never worked in a students’ union, or are unsure why it’s different, we urge you to get in contact. It’s a brilliant place to work.
Like with other organisations, the pandemic has required us to really think through our working patterns – and how we can enable staff to work flexibly and productively. Because we’re a relatively small, student-facing organisation, we have an expectation that all permanent staff will work from the office in South Kensington for three days a week minimum (more if they choose). However, we’re also keen to understand the specific needs of all our staff, so we will consider all requests for flexible variations on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for the role please complete the online application form.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Connar Walford, Student Opportunities and Development Manager email@example.com
Interviews will be expected to take place week commencing 14th February.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .