An exciting opportunity has arisen for highly experienced business development professional to join our dynamic team. The role will provide a unique experience to support and develop our ambitious growth plans through proactive business development activities linked to the strategic vision of the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
This senior level business development role is responsible for the commercial success of the suite of Open Enrolment Programmes as well as the successful development of corporate and third-party relationships and agreements. The post holder will be responsible for achieving B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to consumer) recruitment targets and will work with the marketing and communications team to create and implement successful campaigns and events to develop and support business opportunities with individuals, organisations and partnership relationships.
A key component to the role will be to acquire new corporate clients and develop effective relationships with existing corporate clients from the UK and overseas in order to achieve annual targets for the Open Enrolment Programmes portfolio.
The post holder will be required to develop significant third-party relationships with agencies, managed service providers, consultancies and training companies in order develop partnership framework agreements in the UK and strategic global locations.
The post holder will be required to work with the Executive Education Management Team in the development and implementation of highly important strategic partnership relationships.
- A good undergraduate level degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant business discipline.
- Significant evidence of professional training in business development management and account management
- Must have held a business development manager (or above) post in the past with significant successes and track record
- Expertise in using a consultative sales approach within a commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience in using business development/account management models and theories
- A deep understanding of the executive education / business school market
- Commercially proficient in managing financial data, budgets and contractual matters, including negotiating pricing with clients and suppliers
- Experienced in creating sales forecasts and analysis and presenting findings to senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, listening and influencing skills in a client facing situation at a senior level
- Experience working within a business school or commercial training environment
- Experience of coaching and mentoring more junior team members
Full details of the role can be found in the attached job description.
This is a full time post commencing December 2021.
Appointment will be made on the bottom point of the salary scale.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries about the role.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .