Are you a self-motivated catering professional who is ready for their next challenge in a multi-site and fast paced leadership role? If so, this career opportunity could be the perfect next step for you.
The Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London operates a variety of cafes and restaurants located mainly within South Kensington, Hammersmith and White City Campuses. The department aims to provide affordable and high-quality food and services for our Imperial College community.
The purpose of the post is to conduct the operational management of the front of house service of food and beverages and staff members within the catering outlets/venues and ensuring they deliver a professional and efficient service and to deputise in the absence of the Catering and Events Operations Manager.
The role requires you to oversee the development and production of consistently high quality and inspiring food within gross profit percentages and co-ordinate the kitchen team to ensure the provision of an effective and efficient service.
You will be required to conduct the duties of the role in accordance with health and hygiene legislation and Departmental/College procedures and ensure total compliance by team members. Taking responsibility for the line management, support, coaching, development and motivation of staff and arranging and/or delivering staff training programmes is also an essential part of the role.
Duties and responsibilities
- To ensure the venue(s) is/are ready for opening time and open/close procedures are adhered to
- To undertake daily ordering and transfer of stock, ensuring all guidelines for good stock control procedures are followed and carry out monthly stock takes
- To provide advice and guidance to team members and service staff on staff meal allowances, all portion sizes and wastage control, in line with department procedures
- Brief and coordinate all relevant staff and team members to deliver a professional, fast and efficient service at all times
- Promote a customer friendly service; to be courteous, respectful and welcoming to all customers
- Receive and record customer feedback and identify areas of customer service where improvements can be made and helping to implement solutions
- Support the implementation of any agreed sales action plans and assist in planning initiative that will increase footfall and spend whether by food and beverage promotions
- Support the creation and implementation of sales promotions and staff incentives
- Staff Management
- To fully understand and support the agreed Food GP% for areas of responsibility
- Ensure the College’s Financial Regulations and Catering Department Policies are adhered to
- To comply with all departmental health and safety procedures, and have full understanding of HACCP and COSHH regulations
- Minimum of an intermediate level food hygiene qualification
- Previous experience of working within the Catering industry and managing/supervising staff
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in order to present and deliver information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise activities, to deal with problems which may hinder the delivery of an effective service
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, to meet simultaneous deadlines
- Good IT skills in order to operate a computerised stock ordering system
- A flexible approach to working, sufficient to be able to work a 5/7 days per week arrangement, work evenings and weekends, and able to work at any location/catering outlet, as reasonably requested across all Campuses
- Grade: Operational Services Level 3a
- Salary – £33,977-£38,360
- Type of Contract: 2 x Full time, open ended positions
- Hours: The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7, day rota and applicants must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends across multiple sites
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday, 28 November 2021
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this post prior to the closing date if we receive a high volume of applications)
For further information, please contact Kamil Khoury, Head of Catering and Events by email on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .