Are you a highly organised administration professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy working with data and Excel and have experience of Raiser’s Edge? Would you like to be part of a team that delivers high profile and VIP events?
The Data and Operations Coordinator plays a key role supporting the Institutional Events Team that sits within the Advancement Division.
Imperial College London is a science-based university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines.
The Institutional Events Team organises approximately 70 events a year including the College’s biannual graduation ceremonies at the Royal Albert Hall, graduation eve dinners, building openings and VIP visits as well as a programme of inaugural and annual lectures and ad hoc events. Building effective and successful partnerships with colleagues across the College as well as with senior leadership is an important aspect of this role.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Use Raiser’s Edge and Excel to produce reports showing key event data and statistics.
- Work closely with the Institutional Events Team to support or manage the guest list, invitation and RSVP process for events
- Act as the first point of contact (email and telephone) for incoming queries into the Events Team
- Support the Institutional Events team with administrative tasks such as raising purchase orders, booking rooms and catering and producing event materials
- Assist the team during events to support practical delivery.
To excel in this role, you will have outstanding relationship management and customer service skills with a solution-oriented and proactive approach to work. You will be an excellent communicator and team player who is able to balance a varied and busy workload and competing deadlines whilst still producing high quality, accurate work.
Drawing on your experience as Administration Assistant, Delegate Management Coordinator or Administrative Officer this role will see you supporting the delivery of a programme of memorable events that are the focus for the College’s engagement and advancement activity with key supporters, friends and partners.
This role is full-time and open-ended. You will be working remotely initially, but will otherwise be based at our South Kensington campus.
Should you have any queries please contact:
Meredith Wilson, Event Manager, Institutional Events E: email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .