Imperial College Union is the Students’ Union at Imperial. We are separate to the College, but we work closely with them to make a positive impact on the experiences and outcomes of all Imperial College students from all backgrounds.
We are currently rebuilding our venues team and are recruiting for a number of roles including a Deputy Venues Manager (Events). The Deputy Venues Manager is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the operational day-to-day management and continual development of the Union’s licensed trade venues.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible for staff management, customer relations, venues administration, product satisfaction, sales targets, budgets, stock management, financial and other procedures across all outlets (comprising bar and catering operations) as delegated by the Operations Manager.
The Deputy Venues Manager is expected to attend and work at all of the venues across all campuses on, at least, a fortnightly basis and ensure all venues adhere to legislation and policies relating to licensing law, health & safety and food hygiene.
In addition to the above the Deputy Venues Manager (Events) will be responsible for all of the Students’ Union events both internal and external within our venues including the summer ball. This role will also be responsible for all tech within our venues, both for maintenance and operation. Alongside this there will be a requirement to build relationships with our student groups and assist with planning and operations of student-led events. To develop all causal staff through training and support to improve the operation and efficiency of the team.
- Personal License holder with the ability to be Designated Premises Supervisor
- Management of high volume bar and catering operations
- Experience of managing a significant budget (i.e. turnover of more than £1.0 million)
- Experience of organizing large scale events for more than 1500 people handling licensing and health and safety on this scale
- Experience of the effective management of stock and cash and experience of using EPOS systems
- Appropriate health and safety/food safety qualification or the willingness to train to acquire
- The ability to engage, support and motivate large teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to and communicate appropriately and effectively with people at all levels
- The ability to handle competing priorities and a challenging workload in a pressurized environment
- An excellent role model who promotes high standards of probity, integrity and honesty
- A working knowledge of current food and drink trends across different demographics
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, COSHH and relevant best practice
- A sound understanding of Licensing Law and the requirements for operating licensed premises
Please note this role is with the Students’ Union. We’re a registered charity in our right, with our own governance, systems, processes and objectives. However, we work extremely closely with Imperial College London, so you’ll also be joining a wider community of staff working within higher education. If you’ve never worked in a students’ union, or are unsure why it’s different, we urge you to get in contact. It’s a brilliant place to work.
To apply for the role please complete the online application form.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Kay Counter (Operations Manager) at email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .