This is a unique opportunity to work within the Move Imperial Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London in their state-of-the-art sports facility, Ethos, based in the heart of South Kensington.
Ethos serves Imperial students and staff as well as the local community and includes a sports hall, climbing wall, swimming pool, squash courts, main and functional gym, and exercise studio. Further information on this facility can be found at https://www.imperial.ac.uk/ethos/
Move Imperial is looking for an exceptional and proactive individual to manage and operate Ethos. The post offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to bring their own expertise, skills, ideas and innovations to the team and the facility. The successful candidate will support and manage the Ethos Operational team to deliver key objectives within the current Sport Strategy for both Ethos and the department as a whole.
To be considered for this post you must have extensive knowledge and experience of managing a sporting facility including pool plant operations and the activities within, as well as experience of effectively managing and providing leadership for staff. These are essential requirements of the role.
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, and if you have what it takes to meet this demanding and challenging role, you could be just the person we’re looking for. In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and career development with progression opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the performance and line management of all operational teams within the centre to maintain high standards across cleanliness, safety and customer service.
- Ensure the centre is compliant with all relevant health and safety legislation and all other relevant College policies.
- To be responsible for the operational budget within Ethos ensuring it is operating in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- To operationally implement the delivery of the Sports strategy across the College within set financial parameters.
- To work closely with Commercial Sport to ensure core needs are met and delivered within the agreements – work positively to identify issues and seek solutions with commercial sport around Ethos bookings.
- Proven experience of managing people
- Proven experience in managing sports facilities/activities including pool plant operations
- A wide sporting background or knowledge
- Proven experience and or knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities within the context of a student leisure environment
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written
- Good IT capabilities, including knowledge of Microsoft suite and Database Management Systems
- Grade: Operational Services Level 3a
- Type of Contract: 1 x Full-time open-ended position
- 35 hours per week
- Location: Ethos Sport Centre Imperial College London
- Department/ Division: Move Imperial/ Campus Services
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
Further information about the DBS disclosure process can be found at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/ or by telephoning 03000 200 190. You may also wish to view the College’s DBS webpage for policy statements on the Recruitment and Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Use, Retention & Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information
Closing date: 09:00 on Monday, 8 March 2021
Please note, we do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of applications .
Interview date: Friday, 12 March 2021
For further information, please contact Jodie Grant, on email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .