Are you Passionate about customer service? Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? If so, we have an excellent opportunity in our Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London.
An opportunity has arisen to recruit an Events and Catering Duty Supervisor to join the Team in conducting and supervising a wide range of College events, located within the South Kensington Campus and other off-site Campuses. The role will also involve deputising for the Events Coordinator and Duty Manager, requiring first class customer service skills and will fit into a busy Events Operations team.
If successful, you will join a dynamic team of professional individuals supporting a continuous drive to improve service provision to the College and its clients, both internal and external. The role encompasses the supervising of successful events and to ensure the client’s requirements are delivered to the highest possible standards. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role within a large organisation.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to liaise confidently and professionally with senior college staff, colleagues and clients. Administrative and IT skills are essential, as well as a structured and methodical approach to work and attention to detail and accuracy. You will need the ability to simultaneously manage multiple detailed activities.
The post holder should have an interest in Events, have good time management skills and strive to deliver excellent customer service. You must also be approachable and able to multi-task and have a responsible attitude towards health and safety at work.
In addition, these roles will involve evenings, late nights and weekend work.
If you are looking for the next stage in an already successful career, and you have what it takes to meet this demanding and challenging role, you could be just the person we’re looking for. In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and career development opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide hospitality catering services, ensuring all catering deliveries are cleared within the given time frame as requested, to the service standard and keep an accurate record of catering consumptions
- To brief and coordinate all agency staff and relevant team members to deliver a professional and efficient service
- To report any failure of service/collection to the Line Manager and to dispose of all waste in the correct way
- To communicate with organisers and guests offering customer friendly service; to be courteous, respectful and welcoming
- Assist in identifying areas of customer service where improvements can be made and helping to implement solutions
- To take responsibility for the preparation and service of catered events
- Foster a positive working environment and promote teamwork
- To ensure all venues are left clean and tidy and the Servery and Stores are cleaned and adequately stocked
- A basic food hygiene qualification proven by the attainment of a basic Food Hygiene Certificate within two months of appointment
- Previous experience of working in a similar catering environment
- Experience of supervising agency or relevant staff at catering functions and dinners
- Responsible attitude towards health and safety at work
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about customer care/service with the ability to work with a variety of personalities at all levels
- A good understanding of the use of and physically able to operate different equipment/machinery within the work area and the ability to operate such equipment/machinery and lift objects of varying loads
- A good command of verbal and written English, in order to understand written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively with customers, including staff, students and visitors
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be flexible and adaptable due to the business requirements
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with people in all circumstances in professional manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, in order to deliver an efficient and reliable service
- Previous experience of working in a team, with proven ability to motivate and supervise team members
Operational Services Grade 2b
1 x Full Time, open ended position
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7 and working evenings and weekends
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
Closing date is Midnight on Monday, 22 November 2021
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of applications)
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Sally Jensen, Deputy Head of Events by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .