Are you Passionate about customer service? Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? If so, we have an excellent opportunity in our Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London.
An opportunity has arisen to recruit an Events Coordinator and Duty Manager to join the Team in conducting and supervising a wide range of College events, located within the South Kensington Campus and other off-site Campuses. The role will also involve deputising for the Internal Events Manager, requiring first class customer service skills and will fit into a busy Events Operations team.
If successful, you will join a dynamic team of professional individuals supporting a continuous drive to improve service provision to the College and its clients, both internal and external. The role encompasses the duty management of Catering and Events at all Campuses and across all Venues to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role within a large organisation.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to liaise confidently and professionally with senior college staff, colleagues and clients. Administrative and IT skills are essential, as well as a structured and methodical approach to work and attention to detail and accuracy. You will need the ability to simultaneously manage multiple detailed activities.
The post holder should have an interest in Events, have good time management skills and strive to deliver excellent customer service. You must also be approachable and able to multi-task and have a responsible attitude towards health and safety at work.
In addition, these roles will involve evenings, late nights and weekend work.
If you are looking for the next stage in an already successful career, and you have what it takes to meet this demanding and challenging role, you could be just the person we’re looking for. In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and career development opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- To manage the day to day Catering and Event operations (within set budgets) with the objectives of ensuring total customer satisfaction. To be responsible for all catering, events, reception and agency staff working in the building whilst you are Duty Manager.
- Ensure the effective management of the Senior Waiters, Event Support Porters and Agency staff to ensure effective management of all events within the department in order to deliver a professional and efficient service
- Forward plan for all events accounting for staffing levels, stock and equipment requirements ensuring the information is detailed, accurate and communicated to the relevant people in a timely fashion
- Ensure that event management procedures are followed for all events to ensure consistent delivery
- Manage all operational costs (staff wages, equipment hire etc) keeping within departmental budgets and cost calculations
- To deputise for the Internal Events Manager
- To provide support and guidance to the Internal Events Administrator
- Previous work experience in the duty management of conferences and events, audio visual and catering
- Previous experience in managing both small- and large-scale events, including VIP/High Profile Events
- Previous experience in overseeing budgets with the ability to interpret and analyse data
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety at work and managing audio visual equipment in a conference environment
- Enthusiasm and skills in the application and understanding of customer care and service and be committed to delivering first class customer service, going above and beyond for clients
- Possess proven staff management skills to manage and motivate staff
- The ability to work under pressure, making rapid, on-the-spot decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, (both verbal and written) as well as a good telephone manner
- The ability to work without supervision, using discretion and initiative
- The ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
- A flexible approach to working, sufficient to be able to work a 5/7 days per week arrangement, work evenings and weekends, and able to work at any location/catering outlet, as reasonably requested
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and numeracy
- Be computer literate, (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience of a computerised diary/booking system (ideally Kx) required
Operational Services Grade 3a
1 x Full Time, open ended position
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7 and working evenings and weekends
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
Closing date is Midnight on Sunday, 5 December 2021
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of applications)
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Sally Jensen, Deputy Head of Events by email at email@example.com .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .