Are you Passionate about customer service? Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? If so, we have an excellent opportunity in our Catering and Events Team!
The Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London runs events across a wide range of venues located within the South Kensington Campus and other off-site Campuses. The department aims to provide affordable and high-quality food and services for the Imperial College community.
The role will involve assisting the Events and Catering Supervisors in the operational delivery of catering taking responsibility for the preparation and service of catered events. To co-ordinate the Events and Catering team, ensuring all catering requirements are met and to take operational responsibility for the provision of customer requirements. To clear rooms of delivered catering and collect and record customer consumption and feedback ensuring total compliance with College / Department policies, health and hygiene legislation.
In addition, these roles will involve evenings, late nights and weekend work.
If you are looking for the next stage in an already successful career, and you have what it takes to meet this demanding and challenging role, you could be just the person we’re looking for. In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, excellent pension scheme and career development opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide hospitality catering services, ensure all catering deliveries are cleared within the given time frame as requested, to the service standard. Keep an accurate record of catering consumptions and pass to the Supervisor.
- To brief and coordinate all agency staff and relevant team members to deliver a professional and efficient service
- To report any failure of service/collection to the Events and Catering Duty Supervisor and to dispose of all waste in the correct way
- To communicate with organisers and guests offering customer friendly service; to be courteous, respectful and welcoming
- Assist in identifying areas of customer service where improvements can be made and helping to implement solutions
- A basic food hygiene qualification proven by the attainment of a basic Food Hygiene Certificate within two months of appointment
- Previous experience of working in a similar catering environment
- Experience of supervising agency or relevant staff at catering functions and small dinners
- Responsible attitude towards health and safety at work
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about customer care/service with the ability to work with a variety of personalities at all levels
Operational Services Grade 1b
1 x Full Time, open ended position
The standard working week consists of 37 hours, 5 days out of 7 and working evenings and weekends
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!
Closing date is Midnight on Monday, 22 November 2021
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of applications)
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Sally Jensen, Deputy Head of Events by email at email@example.com .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .