The main objective of this senior post is to create, lead and implement tutoring and teaching activities within the Economics & Public Policy Department at Imperial College Business School, focused on business economics, managerial economics, economics of public policy, global macroeconomics and/or others related to economics and public policy.
Teaching Fellows are an important part of our community and contribute primarily to the design and delivery of educational modules, the direction of programmes and the development of innovative approaches to life-long learning. You will lead, manage and develop initiatives and learning activities, motivating and mentoring teams.
Economics & Public Policy are a vital element of the teaching portfolio at Imperial College Business School that will feature prominently across our full suite of programmes, both in the post- and undergraduate space.
We are therefore seeking to appoint an expert and senior instructor with demonstrated capacity for innovative design, and excellent delivery of courses on business economics, macroeconomics and public policy. You will evaluate teaching and learning provision with colleagues in the department and adopt an evidence-based approach to enhance quality.
Duties and responsibilities
You will bring relevant senior experience in the sector with a proven track record and will be expected to lead and develop teaching in the Business School both through degree programmes and executive education. You will have contributed significantly to education within your department or area, leading to innovation in programme design and delivery.
Teaching and Learning Support
- Create and provide excellent teaching within an established programme of study.
- Identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.
- Contribute to the planning, design and development of objectives and curricula.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate student projects, field trips and placements.
- Deliver inclusive teaching and assessment that supports a diverse student cohort
- Take responsibility for development of new initiatives in teaching.
- Remain professional in practice and maintain knowledge in own specialist area.
Administration and other activities
- Make a significant contribution to the efficient management and administration of the department.
- Participate in relevant professional activities.
- Undertake duties related to course administration, including organisation of teaching activities, attendance records, Health & Safety matters relating to practicals, etc.
- A PhD degree and/or postgraduate qualification or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Recognised qualification in Higher Education learning and teaching (or nearing completion).
- Sustained excellence in delivering courses related to business economics, managerial economics, economics of public policy, global macroeconomics, and/or advanced macro-economics.
- Experience of designing and delivery of such courses in international contexts, at least at the European level, evidenced by student feedback and/or peer observation.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Expertise in the design and successful delivery of online courses on the subject matter, both in synchronous and asynchronous modes.
Please visit our website to learn about joining Imperial and being part of a world leading community of research, teaching and innovation
Occupational health assessment will be required in relation to possibility of field trips.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Donna Sutherland-Smith email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .