Imperial College Union is the Students’ Union at Imperial. We are separate to the College, but we work closely with them to make a positive impact on the experiences and outcomes of all Imperial College students from all backgrounds.
We are recruiting for a Finance Support and Training Coordinator to join our Finance Team.This is a new role within Imperial College Union which is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for the Finance team and supporting our 370+ student-run clubs, societies & projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide clear, understandable responses to all queries directed, or referred, to the finance team in an efficient and timely manner.
- To run regular in-person drop-in sessions.
- To advise student officers on the correct account/VAT codes to use on financial documents, with clear explanations on how to tell which codes to use.
- To deliver annual finance training sessions to new student club officers as part of the wider officer induction process run by Student Activities & Development.
- To assist with the review and processing of financial documentation including invoices and expense claims as needed.
- To process new supplier/customer requests.
- To attend appropriate meetings and develop reports as and when required by the Union.
- Experience of using financial systems to process financial documents
- Experience of preparing and delivering training sessions
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Understanding of different systems and technology used in finance functions
- Proactive and methodical approach to work and high attention to detail
Please note this role is with the Students’ Union. We’re a registered charity in our right, with our own governance, systems, processes and objectives. However, we work extremely closely with Imperial College London, so you’ll also be joining a wider community of staff working within Higher Education. If you’ve never worked in a students’ union, or are unsure why it’s different, we urge you to get in contact. It’s a brilliant place to work.
Like with other organisations, the pandemic has required us to really think through our working patterns – and how we can enable staff to work flexibly and productively. Because we’re a relatively small, student-facing organisation, we have an expectation that all permanent staff will work from the office in South Kensington for three days a week minimum (more if they choose). However, we’re also keen to understand the specific needs of all our staff, so we will consider all requests for flexible variations on a case-by-case basis.
Further information about the post is available in the candidate pack. To apply for the role please complete the online application form.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact David Ashton, Financial Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be expected to take place week commencing 13th December.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .