Do you have strategic leadership and programme development skills, and a passion for developing engaged communities? This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Imperial College Business School and lead on an ambitious and results oriented Alumni Relations strategy.
We are committed to drive global business and social transformation through the fusion of business, technology and seek to bring together students, academics and staff who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and inclusive environment. We are looking for a candidate with a significant history of successful leadership, strategic programme development and stakeholder management.
Duties and responsibilities
You will work closely with the Director of Alumni Relations (Imperial College) and the Associate Dean, External Relations (Business School), the Dean, Vice-Deans, the Head of Development (Business School), and other senior staff. You will manage a portfolio of senior alumni relationships and build a sustainable external engagement programme to support both alumni and the Business School’s strategic priorities. Whilst leading an established team, one of the new and exciting responsibilities is to build a culture of philanthropy among younger alumni and current students, and develop this newly created position in the team. You are a skilled an diplomatic communicator, really enjoy building strategic relationships, engaging with others, developing programmes, and very importantly – inspiring and leading your team. You will need to be able to travel and attend some evening events.
Great things we feel about working here:
- Supportive colleagues in an environment that rewards innovation and excellence.
- Flexible and respectful approach to work.
- Ambitious Business School Strategy with a focus on External Relations and developing a strong community of engaged stakeholders.
- Range of activities and initiatives for professional staff including opportunities for development, internal staff recognition awards, and socials.
- Engaged senior leadership that appreciates importance of alumni relations and philanthropy.
- Diversity Committee made up of staff and faculty volunteers.
We are part of Imperial College London, a leader in science, technology, engineering, medicine and business. We have great employee benefits.
Candidates will need to complete an online application to be considered for this role.
If have any questions or would like to have an informal, confidential chat about this role, please contact Nicola Pogson, Director Alumni Relations on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .