Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for cutting-edge research and technology? Would you like to further your career in business development and relationship management? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Join us to grow Imperial Business Partners (IBP) ( www.imperial.ac.uk/ibp ), the exclusive subscription-based industry-academic partnership programme.
An exciting new role has been created to build new connections between Imperial College London’s research-driven ecosystem and global businesses.
The purpose of this post is to enable the growth of the membership through business development and corporate partner relationship-building. The role will be pivotal to the development of IBP.
You must be commercially minded, analytical, and confident. You must be a self-starter who pushes the boundaries. You are someone that will enjoy the challenge of building new relationships from scratch. You will need to be a good communicator that is passionate and articulate about the impact on business of technology and science You will talk to leaders in a broad range of industry sectors, discerning their needs, and then compelling convey the value of the IBP offer in meeting such needs. You will lead in engaging with new clients as well as contribute to the development of the programme. You will work alongside Imperial’s high performance academic and innovation community to create greater opportunities for collaboration.
You will be part of a successful Enterprise team that drives forward the College’s entrepreneurship, industry engagement and commercialisation activities. From this vantage point, you will work closely with colleagues across Imperial to engage with IBP clients and deliver bespoke activities to better connect them to the College Innovation ecosystem.
As a leader in industry-university engagement, Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for society. Working in partnership with industry to increase academic engagement in collaborative research and commercialisation lies at the heart of the College’s enterprising ecosystem. Your work will contribute to generating such real-world impact.
Duties and responsibilities
As part of a team that focuses on early stage engagement with industry partners, your main duties will include:
- Understanding and evidencing the needs of industry to secure new partnerships
- Working independently to identify, engage target prospects and follow-up on new in-bound business enquiries, to win new IBP clients
- Servicing relationships with newly recruited IBP members
- Seeking out opportunities to also cross-sell other Imperial industry-focused services
To be successful in this role you will:
- be creative, ambitious, and able to drive a new initiative
- have significant experience in business development, client relationship management and account management
- have a strategic and analytical mindset, strong delivery focus, excellent communication skills ideally coupled with an understanding of the academic environment
- demonstrate expertise in at least one area of science, engineering, or business at senior level to facilitate the building of credible relations with industry leaders
This career opportunity will maximise to the full your experience and interest in roles such as Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Client Relationship Manager, Account Manager, Corporate Partnerships Executive, Corporate Development Manager, Corporate Relationship Manager, Strategic Relationship Manager, Research and Business Partnership Manager, within a technologically-oriented function in industry, management consultancy, or a research-driven higher education setting.
Please apply with an application form via the online system. CVs without a completed application form will not be considered.
For further information, contact Julia Zanghieri, IBP Programme Manager at email@example.com
Imperial Expectations guide the behaviour of all our staff.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .