Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? Are you a highly organized individual? If so, we have an excellent opportunity in our Events Team!
An opportunity has arisen for an Internal Events Coordinator in the Internal Events Team, within the Campus Services Division.
The post holder is responsible for advising, coordinating, developing and helping deliver the clients vision for internal events and student events and to ensure a seamless handover of client bookings from Sales through to Operations.
You will be responsible for the conversion of incoming conference enquiries from internal/repeat sources into confirmed business. Prepare and send out client contracts and quotations. To plan and organise all practical aspects of the event, in accordance with the clients’ wishes (e.g. catering, audio visual, room set up, car parking, security, cleaning etc) identifying opportunities to up sell.
Duties and responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide support and guidance for all events bookers, including responding to web room bookings, staff events, student events, and external bookings where necessary (linked to college, such as careers presentations etc)
- To coordinate the event at all stages, from enquiry through to execution, within agreed service standards
- To ensure that up-selling is introduced in the event planning stages where budgets allow
- To ensure monthly targets are reached, both revenue and customer service based
- To meet new and existing clients regularly in order to maintain a positive working relationship and secure new business
- To ensure the clients requirements are delivered to the highest possible standard and that all contractual obligations are met
- To brief and co-ordinate all relevant staff and team members to deliver a professional and efficient service
- A basic food hygiene qualification proven by the attainment of a basic Food Hygiene Certificate within two months of appointment
- Previous experience of working in a coordinator role, ideally in the Hotel, Conference or contract Catering trade
- Previous experience of working in a team, with proven ability to motivate a team
- Responsible attitude towards health and safety at work
- Committed to delivering first class customer service
- Be highly organised with an eye for details and accuracy
- Be self-motivated enthusiastic and a good team player
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and numeracy
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with people in all circumstances in professional manner
- Ability to use own initiative with limited supervision, in order to deal with problems which may hinder the delivery of an effective service
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, in order to deliver an efficient and effective service
- Attain a good level of knowledge of Imperial College campuses in order to deliver and clear catering services to various venues
- A flexible approach to working, sufficient to be able to work a 5/7 days per week arrangement, work evenings and weekends, and able to work at any location/catering outlet, as reasonably requested
Salary: £30,273 – £33,180
Operational Services Grade 2b
Full Time, open ended position x 2
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7 and working evenings and weekends
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
Closing date is Midnight on Thursday, 2 December 2021
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date if we receive a high volume of applications)
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Sally Jensen, Deputy Head of Events by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .