Are you a self-motivated professional who is ready for their next challenge in a multi-site and fast paced role? Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? If so, we have an excellent opportunity in our Back of House Operations Team!
The Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London operates various cafes and restaurants located within the South Kensington, Hammersmith and White City Campuses. The department aims to provide affordable and high-quality food and services for the Imperial College community.
Duties and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for managing the kitchen administration and support the Back of House Operations Team.
Effect the control, ordering, purchasing and transfer of stock, in line with departmental procedures.
Be responsible for the entering and maintenance of data in a systematic format, both manual and computerised and to help generate reports as required.
Collate and order non-scratch cooked events items according to daily booking sheets and ensure accurate billing for client amendments.
Ensure adequate porter resource is available for main kitchen and events schedules and assist staff with training on in-house systems and back of house processes and procedures.
- Previous office administration experience within a similar role
- Ideally previous experience of working in a food-based role
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate stock and financial data
- Excellent numerical skills sufficient to be able to analyse financial data
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge, including Microsoft Office and finance related software (presently UNIWARE/COSMIC/FnB) and the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new software applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to present and deliver information in an appropriate manner
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail and accuracy and an ability to cope with deadlines
- Strong on initiative, making well balanced decisions when necessary
- Excellent negotiation and contract management
- Be self-motivated and an effective team player
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7 but will require a flexible approach to working, including occasional evenings and weekends and able to work at any location, as reasonably required.
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!
Closing date: Midnight on Wednesday, 3 rd March 2021
Please note that if we receive a high volume of applications, the post will be closed earlier than advertised.
For further information, please contact Linas Krajasevicius, Back of House Operations Manager by email on email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .