We’re searching for a Regular Giving and Legacy Giving Manager to oversee a multi-channel appeal programme to increase numbers of regular gifts and legacy gifts to the College. The postholder will oversee and implement the overall strategy and supporter journey for alumni and donors primarily through direct mail, with support from email, web and social media.
Imperial’s Regular Giving and Legacy Giving programmes seek philanthropic support primarily from its 170,000 global alumni base in order to advance the work of the College. Consistently rated as one of the world’s best universities, Imperial College London is a science-based institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
This is an exciting new role with opportunities for the postholder to develop and implement a new digital strategy to complement existing fundraising channels in regular giving and legacies. The team also has plans to implement a new strategy around its mid-value audience (those who give between £1,000 and £24,999). The postholder will be key in overseeing the development of a new supporter journey for this audience which will include the refresh of donor recognition circles and the development of direct mail tailored to this audience.
If you are a talented fundraising professional and want to help us take our successful programmes to the next level, we would love to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities
Working across the team, you will oversee supporter journeys for regular giving and legacy donors, working on case for support, appeal development, data segmentation and targeting. You will have opportunity to work with new audiences and new solicitation channels to encourage support from more recent graduates of Imperial. Working across Advancement, you will build relationships with key internal stakeholders including Major Gift, Alumni Relations and Event teams to capitalise on opportunities to embed regular giving and legacy messaging in all College activities.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Successful track record, knowledge and leadership experience in fundraising, direct marketing and / or sales
- Significant and demonstrable experience of managing and organising projects to agreed budgets, targets and timescales
- Significant and demonstrable experience of writing, developing, editing and evaluating compelling and response driven copy and creative
- Significant and demonstrable experience of interrogating, analysing, manipulating and interpreting large, complex data sets for targeting and segmentation purposes
- Proven track record of line management and professionally developing members of staff
- Experience of liaising with and managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders and obtaining buy in and support for projects
- Experience of working with creative agencies, data agencies, fundraising consultants, copywriters, mailing houses and printers
- Experience using a relational database to store, manipulate and retrieve information
- Experience of working effectively in a changing, fast paced and innovative environment .
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Anna Wall, Head of Regular Giving and Legacy Giving at email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to follow the Imperial Values & Behaviours framework . Our values are:
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .