We have two vacancies available to support lead academics located at the South Kensington campus and the St Mary’s and Brompton campuses in the National Heart and Lung Institute (NHLI). One role will directly support the Head of the Respiratory Division and Heads of Section based at the South Kensington Campus which include the Inflammation, Repair and Development Section and the Cardio-Respiratory Interface Section. The other role will support the Respiratory Infection and Airway Disease Heads of Section based at St Mary’s and the Genomic and Environmental Medicine Head of Section based at the Royal Brompton Campus. The individuals will also provide more general support across these Sections. These Research Group Administrators will become a key member of the Sections and support all academic activities of these busy and dynamic groups.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to all Section events and activities.
- To arrange appointments and maintain diaries of the Heads of Division/Section
- To liaise with relevant Departmental staff to ensure the smooth running of the Sections.
- To organise travel arrangements, registration, and accommodation for the senior academic staff to attend conferences/meetings.
- To maintain group webpages.
- To organise meetings/events as required including arranging room bookings, audio-visual equipment and catering.
- To be a conduit for communication to the Sections, relaying information and actions as required.
- Degree level education or equivalent qualification or experience. A scientific discipline would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a higher education office environment, ideally in a research setting
- Experience of managing challenging diaries of senior staff and arranging
- Proven experience working with IT including Microsoft Word (to accurately proofread documents), Outlook, Excel (to be able to create and reformat data graphs as required), databases such as MS Access (to be able to accurately input data).
We are advertising 2 Full Time and Open-ended roles, one role is based at the South Kensington Campus and another role is based between the St Mary’s and Royal Brompton Campuses, with travel to other College sites as required.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Eleanor Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org or Joanna O’Brien email@example.com
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published.For more information, see: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation/
The College believes that the use of animals in research is vital to improve human and animal health and welfare. Animals may only be used in research programmes where their use is shown to be necessary for developing new treatments and making medical advances. Imperial is committed to ensuring that, in cases where this research is deemed essential, all animals in the College’s care are treated with full respect, and that all staff involved with this work show due consideration at every level. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-integrity/animal-research /
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .