Are you passionate about great food and service? Are you friendly, confident and outgoing with plenty of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude? If so, we have excellent opportunities in our Catering and Events Team!
The Catering and Events Department of the Campus Services Division at Imperial College London operates multiple restaurants across several campuses. The department aims to provide affordable and high quality food and services for the Imperial College community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and highly motivated chef to support the running of our Asian food restaurant. You will join our friendly kitchen brigade to produce inspiring, fresh, Asian, traditional and internationally innovative cuisine as well as fine dining and event hospitality to our high standards. These posts will support the Executive Chef to deliver an effective and efficient service with real passion.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting in planning and developing new menus with an Asian influence
- Assistance with ordering
- Compliance with the health and hygiene legislation and policies
- Supporting the Sous Chef, ensuring efficient working practices
- Conducting all basic cooking procedures
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes
- A flexible approach to working
- A successful track record in a similar kitchen environment
- Ability to deliver to simultaneous tight deadlines, applying good planning and organisational skills
- Very good communication skills
- First class customer service skills
Operational Services Grade 2b
Full Time, Permanent, Open Ended Position x 1
The standard working week consists of 35 hours, 5 days out of 7
In addition to your competitive salary, other benefits offered by the College include:
- Career development training
- Generous holiday allowances
- A company pension scheme
- A reduced rate in our sports centre
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket/cycle loan schemes.
If you are looking for the next stage in your career, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Please apply now!
Closing date: Midnight on Wednesday, 1 December 2021
(Please note that if we receive a high volume of applications, the post will be closed prior to the closing date)
For further information, please contact Anthony Shepherd, Executive Chef, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com .