Imperial College Union is the Students’ Union at Imperial. We are separate to the College, but we work closely with them to make a positive impact on the experiences and outcomes of all Imperial College students from all backgrounds.
We are recruiting for a Venue Technician who will be responsible for delivering a range of technical support services for Students’ Union events, activities and group performances. This includes, but is not limited to: sound and lighting engineering; rigging; event decor; and the general maintenance of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for ensuring all technical equipment is maintained to certified standards, and be responsible for ensuring relevant health & safety, and other legal requirements, are abided by within our venues, especially in relation to the technical aspects of the venues.
- To ensure the venues general maintenance is kept up-to-standard, and liaising with the relevant Union and College staff as appropriate.
- To proactively improve the technical installs of our venues, with support from the
- To support the Student Opportunities & Development team, where appropriate, in ensuring volunteers within relevant student groups have the required training to manage AV within their own events, and to support student groups in ensuring they abide by relevant health & safety and other legal requirements relevant to activities related to AV, theatre, and events.
- To supervise a team of casual staff
- To be responsible for ensuring adherence to all aspects of legislation or College Policies relating to Health & Safety
- Experience of maintaining and operating lighting, AV and sound equipment in a bar or theatre
- Experience of rigging equipment (lighting, sound and AV) in a bar, venue or theatre
- Experience of relevant regulations (i.e. LOLERS), as appropriate to bars, venues and/ or theatres
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, COSHH and relevant best practice
- Working knowledge of rigging systems, including trusses, counterweights, chain hoists, hemps, and winches, or the willingness to train to acquire
Please note this role is with the Students’ Union. We’re a registered charity in our right, with our own governance, systems, processes and objectives. However, we work extremely closely with Imperial College London, so you’ll also be joining a wider community of staff working within higher education. If you’ve never worked in a students’ union, or are unsure why it’s different, we urge you to get in contact. It’s a brilliant place to work.
To apply for the role please complete the online application form.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Kay Counter (Operations Manager) at email@example.com
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org .