King’s Business School is seeking an ambitious and motivated manager to oversee the School’s activities relating to accreditation. You will work closely with the Vice Dean Accreditation and the School’s Accreditation Steering Group to help shape our accreditation strategy, and its implementation and management. Your responsibilities will include the drafting of written reports, submissions and responses, and monitoring and reviewing accreditation policies, processes and objectives, ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements. This will require significant extraction, analysis and interpretation of data direct from a range of systems and sources. We will also rely on you to represent the School through engagement with external accreditation bodies and networks.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with experience managing projects and working with a wide range of stakeholders. Familiarity with standards in business education and business school accrediting bodies would be an asset.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post.
- To work closely with the School’s academic leadership to gain and maintain international accreditations, including AACSB, EQUIS and Athena Swan.
- Take a proactive lead in planning, managing and operationally supporting all
- requirements of external accrediting bodies for the School.
- To have full responsibility for the collation, preparation and presentation of
- accurate qualitative and quantitative data to support accreditation and rankings, identifying and improving a range of internal processes to ensure data accuracy and quality.
- Attend conferences and seminars to increase understanding of accreditation and initiate and build key networks with other institutions and organisations.
- Manage and implement an accreditation strategy and plans to engage key stakeholders across the School and University in accreditation processes.
- Act as central point of contact for the School for all matters related to accreditation.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external to facilitate the accreditation process.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on accreditation activity, escalating risks and issues with recommendations for mitigation.
- Organise, plan and draft written submissions, liaising with relevant accreditation leads as necessary.
- Proactively promote the work and benefits of accreditation internally and externally, ensuring amendments and updates to all marketing information, including the School’s website and brochures, in relation to areas of accreditation.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- An understanding of accreditation within Higher Education, including academic quality and standards in a Business School environment
- Experience of process and policy development
- A proven track record of effective project management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external, including students and staff at all levels
- Highly numerate, with experience of working with a variety of complex data management systems, including accurate record keeping and report writing
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Previous experience in managing Business School accreditation processes, including AACSB, EQUIS and/or AMBA
- Familiarity with AACSB Assurance of Learning and/or Academ software