This role is crucial in ensuring that the Admissions Service at King’s delivers a world-class service to applicants. It supports academic and professional services staff across the institution deliver an ethical, effective and efficient Service through the provision of expert knowledge and training.
The role will support the on boarding of staff across the Admissions Service, will support the Senior Admissions Officer (Qualifications and Operations Support) and will research entry qualifications and assist in the annual review of our qualification equivalencies. Alongside this the role holder will assist in fee status reviews for our current students applying the relevant legislation.
The Admissions Officer: Operations will maintain, audit and archive our SharePoint sites, will monitor access to central systems (login details for IELTS, NARIC, UCAS, etc.) and will be the primary liaison for IT and Estates & Facilities for Admissions Service related issues.
The role holder will support the Admissions Service with administrative tasks such as website maintenance, maintaining and updating UCAS course listings and compiling newsletters and bulletins where appropriate.
This role will support the work of the Senior Admissions Officer (Qualifications and Operations Support), deputising on occasion as required.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post
- To support the Senior Admissions Officer: Qualifications and Operations Support with updating training materials, course updates (on the online prospectus and UCAS) and knowledge management
- To research and develop entry qualifications and their equivalence to UK qualifications
- To assist in the organisation of our development of the Admissions Portal (King’s Apply) and help with testing new enhancements and functionality
- To assist in fee status reviews of our current students
- To maintain and audit user access to Admissions systems (IELTS, NARIC, UCAS, Atlantic Data, etc.)
- To be the key contact for purchasing and the use of the King’s Finance system
- To be the central contact for issues relating to Estates & Facilities and IT with regards to the Admissions Service
- Support the Admissions Operations team with larger projects such as the formation of the Fee Schedule and the collection and distribution of CMA information sheets
- To play an active part in the confirmation and clearing process(es)
- To support consistency across the undergraduate and postgraduate teams and to assist in developing consistent processes and practice across the department
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Highly proficient communicator (listening, speaking and writing), able to maintain enthusiasm and professionalism
- Strong IT skills including the ability to work proficiently with internet applications, MS Outlook, MS Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to effectively identify enquirer requirements and proactively search, retrieve, collate and present information suitable for the required audience
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of working within a team towards set objectives
- Ability to work independently, receive feedback on performance, and make improvements accordingly
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software including in-house software, databases, and external systems
- Knowledge of UK and international qualifications
- Knowledge of England’s fee regulations with regards to higher education