The role will support the Systems and Allocations Manager in actively liaising with applicants and students with additional accommodation requirements. They will be expected to be proactive in acting on information provided to identify suitable accommodation.
Additional they will be an valued member of the Allocations team, supporting team members and contributing to a team approach and professional ethos. They will provide a customer-focused service offering information and advice to a variety of stakeholders.
The person we are looking for should have a sincere interest and understanding of the needs of students, and be able to communicate effectively with residents, university staff and external bodies both orally and in writing
This post will be offered on an indefinite, full time contract
- To take the lead in supporting students with additional accommodation requirements. Proactively contacting on information provided and liaising with the student in understanding and identifying suitable accommodation.
- To liaise with relevant stakeholders in supporting the student i.e. Student Advice Service, Residences Welfare, Disability Support team.
- To be responsible for referring cases to the Systems and Allocations Manager as appropriate
- Identifying and updating Kings Residences bedroom data as and when adjustments are required.
- To actively monitor and administer the dedicated email account, identifying and processing student and staff requests, providing advice and ensuring all enquiries are resolved efficiently.
- Prepare and input data into the residential accommodation software, taking ownership and accountability for work completed, to ensure that it is dealt with efficiently.
- Maintain a level of accurate and up to date knowledge of issues, activities, and events necessary to underpin the delivery of an efficient and effective first point of information service.
- Work flexibly in response to ongoing changes to administrative systems and processes and contribute to the development and improvement of working practices, to deliver more efficient approaches to support the student experience.
- To take responsibility for work in their own area, whilst working flexibly to achieve team results by assisting others and working collaboratively to complete tasks and projects.
- Assist with staff system training regarding the allocations process and occupancy management
- Prepare regular reports to the Systems and Allocations Manager to support decisions and senior management briefings
- To handle allocations enquiries and escalate matters when required.
- To support the contact centre team at key times of the year with handling allocations enquiries
- To compile other allocations related reports upon request and to support the better performance of the team.
- To ensure that procedures are accurately and consistently implemented, and to maintain confidentiality regarding personal information always and that any data breaches or loss are reported immediately following King’s procedures
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Degree obtained, relevant qualification and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good time management skills, in order to handle a large volume of work with tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills and experience of room booking systems
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience in the use of databases
- Previous reservations experience in Higher Education or Hotel environment
- Knowledge of Mercury Accommodation System
- Understanding of SQL scripts and how to use them.
The selection process will be interview, assessment and presentation.