The position is to help execute the “Political Economy of Knowledge and Ignorance” grant as the assistant director of the Centre for the Study of Governance and Society (CSGS). Duties include assisting in the administration of grants and developing new grant proposals, completing reports analyzing grant performance, managing CSGS social media, assisting with the conferences and academic events CSGS conducts, and assessing the research executed under the auspices of the grants CSGS administers. The assistant director is also encouraged to conduct their own academic research. Ph.D. required in politics, economics, or related fields. The assistant director is responsible to Associate Director Samuel DeCanio and Director Mark Pennington.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract, 1st May 2021 to 28th January 2024.
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent.
- Writing reports regarding grant performance.
- Managing social media.
- Assisting with academic events.
- Developing new grant proposals.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Capacity to work closely on small teams
- Detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the social sciences and humanities
- Experience in conducting independent academic research
- Experience executing and applying for grants
- Administrative experience
- Experience with managing social media
- Ph.D. in social sciences or humanities
- Research interests regarding issues involving knowledge and the governance of complex societies