The role of Cleaning Operatives is to provide general cleaning services at King’s College London. Cleaning Operatives need to ensure that contract standards are maintained following specific instructions given by the manager, and that the tasks are carried out according to the duty manager instructions. Examples of tasks can be found in the key responsibilities below.
• Full time (40 hours per week)
• Night shift only: 22:00 to 7:00, Sunday to Thursday
• Strand Campus (Holborn/Temple Station)
• Industry leading benefits (see below)
King’s College London offers industry-leading benefits, such as highly competitive pension schemes. Other benefits include annual season-ticket loans, Cycle to Work scheme, discounted gym membership at the King’s Health and Fitness Centre and access to sports facilities.
Your place of work at King’s College shall be the work location specified by the Duty Manager responsible for the relevant campus. The company reserves the right to move you to a different location within the building on a temporary or permanent basis. The company also reserves the right to move you to a different KCL Campus.
This post will be offered on a permanent contract
This is a full time post – 100% full time equivalent
- To ensure contract standards are maintained following specific instructions given by your manager,
- To ensure tasks are carried out accordingly to duty manager and/or client instructions,
- To understand periodic and ad hoc tasks as required,
- To carry out various cleaning tasks including but not limited to:
- Clean and disinfect toilet seat, inside and out, clean and disinfect bowl inside and out, polish when necessary,
- Clean and wash sink and bathtub, polishing the taps,
- Clean showers, clean and wash tiles,
- Polishing mirrors and glasses and chromes,
- Clean and wash all tops and surfaces, polish when necessary,
- Clean cabinets if there are any, clean and wash sink inside and out, polish the taps when metal basin always use green pads and descaler,
- Vacuum/mop the floors and empty the bins,
- Clean and wipe the door handles and the lift switches, remove finger marks,
- Polish chrome fixtures,
- Remove cobwebs from ceiling and corners,
- Dust chairs and surfaces,
- Clean tables and remove fingers marks,
- Clean and dust radiators as well as dust skirting boards,
- Dust picture frames and lamp shapes,
- Clean and wipe light switches, remove finger marks and dirt,
- Wipe and dust window ledges,
- Empty bins, replace, clear or green sacks as required,
- Set up classrooms daily after cleaning placing furniture in the correct layout,
- Dust handrails,
- Replenish toilet paper, hand soap and hand towels in all toilets as well as centre-feed rolls in kitchenette/workshop areas.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Good communication skills, including the ability to understand and respond to instructions, as well as interacting with a diverse mix of staff, students and members of the public
2. Good customer service skills with an understanding of customer expectations and how these can be met
3. Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
1. Good teamwork skills
2. Cleaning experience, training or qualifications (e.g. BICS)
This post is subject to a Occupational Health Clearence.