Part time (minimum one day a week) teachers are required to teach Integrated Clinical Care including Periodontology and Prosthodontics at undergraduate level.
Generalist dentists are required as are specialist dentists and/or those with a special interest particularly in Periodontology and Prosthodontics.
Teaching is mainly clinical based but also involves delivering seminars and one to one student feedback. Support is provided.
Applicants should be experienced and fully GDC Registered Dentists. Applicants from a general practice environment are encouraged and the Faculty also values postgraduate qualifications, employing specialist clinical teachers in all restorative specialities.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a part-time post – 20% full time equivalent.
- To undertake clinical teaching as directed by the Head of Department/Team.
- Be responsible for the teaching, assessment, feedback, monitoring, and progress of, undergraduate and dental care professional students, under your nominated supervision, in clinical practice relevant to the Department. The teaching may include seminars, tutorials, lectures, clinical skills teaching and clinical teaching with patients.
- Participate in clinical and other service activities as requested by Head of Department or approved individualEnsure that Information of a confidential nature is kept strictly confidential.
Ensure that Information of a confidential nature is kept strictly confidential.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Full registration with UK GDC
- Ability to supervise undergraduate students
- Enthusiastic approach to teaching
- Significant demonstrable post qualification experience
- Experience of treating patients needing the specific type of dentistry in which you would like to teach.
- Participation in clinical audit projects
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good communication skills
- Regular attendance and good time keeping
- Willingness to be flexible about working times
- Satisfactory pre-employment health screening
- Specialist qualification
- FDS, MFDS, MJDF or equivalent
- Certificate in teaching
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.