Kings Food the internal catering department of Kings College London are looking to recruit a Demi Chef de partie to join our busy team at the Western Education Centre on our Denmark Hill campus.
Reporting into the Chef Manager the successful candidate will have a passion for the provision of great quality fresh food and be able to work to a high standard with great attention to detail.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to assist the Chef Manager with the daily kitchen operation including both retail and hospitality. This includes the production of in-house retail items, breakfast items, hot and cold lunch items and a range of hospitality menus.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Have experience of high-volume catering
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and under pressure
- Be organised and passionate about food.
- Be up to date with current food trends
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post.
- Assist the Chef manager and Sous chef with the production of a variety of food in line with the daily menus
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and comply with all Food Hygiene and health and Safety regulations
- Ensure that food is ready for service
- Brief catering assistants on the daily menus and content of dishes
- Inspect dishes for taste and presentation before service
- Assist with the service of meals in the main restaurant and coffee shop
- Assist with the production and delivery of meals throughout service
- Address customer requests and enquiries
- Attend departmental meeting and training sessions as required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Educated to GCSE or equivalent
2. Hold a recognised catering qualification
3. Knowledge of food hygiene, health, and safety regulation
4. Knowledge of food preparation, cooking and portion control
5. Excellent cooking skills
6. Experience of cooking for large numbers
7. Experience of producing a wide variety of foods
8. Experience of hospitality and events catering
9. Ability to work flexible shifts
10. Passionate about food
1.Hold a Food Handlers Certificate
2. Knowledge of special diets
This post is subject to a Occupational Health Clearance.