This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the King’s Sport team at King’s College London as we look to recover and reinvent from Covid-19. This role will play a key part in supporting the development of our gym experience across our facilities as well as supporting the operations of such sites:
- In conjunction with the team of Health and Fitness Coaches and the Health and Fitness Management Team, help to deliver the key King’s Sport vision of being the most Active University in London
- To share expertise and knowledge to support the delivery of outstanding gym operations, quality fitness services and a World Class Service to our members, growing a community and strengthening connections to King’s Sport
This post will be offered on an indefinite
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
- To write, implement and review inductions and prgorammes in line with the King’s Sport Gym Experience to actively coach on a broad and holistic range of health fitness and wellbeing aspects when manning the gym floor
- To conduct write, implement and review programmes in line with the Active Wellness Scheme delivered across King’s Sport Health & Fitness.
- To deliver a comprehensive range of fitness workshops, events and group exercise classes that ensures that our members are engaged and educated in fitness and their physical wellbeing
- To monitor and coach gym members to ensure their safety and the use of correct techniques when exercising therefore providing quality member experiences
- To assist in the development of a series of events that brings university community together through the year across the university campuses and in the gyms
- To support the Health & Fitness Management Team to continually maintain and exceed operational performance of the gyms, drawing recommendations and implementing actions from the results
- To assist in the operational systems and processes of managing Health and Fitness memberships and services and ensure all cash register procedures are adhered to
- To have a working knowledge of the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans and to understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure all operating policies are adhered to whilst in the gyms – being responsible for the opening and closing procedures and ensuring all equipment and the building operates within Health & Safety guidelines as required
- To achieve and maintain a high level of cleaning and maintenance in accordance with King’s Sport high standards, responsible for cleaning gym equipment and the gym area.
- Ensure all fitness equipment maintenance is carried out, reported and monitored in accordance with the operating policies
- To support the Health & Fitness Management in ensuring all part time staff adhere to all operating policies and procedures
- To develop positive working relationships with the high-performing team of Health and Fitness coaches, King’s Sport staff, and other student service providers within the University to enhance students’ experience
- To attend and contribute to Team meetings to engage in the review of procedures and development of working practices within King’s Sport Health & Fitness.
- To assist in the promotion of King’s Sport Health and Fitness and to endorse the brand identity and Values of King’s Sport
- To implement the Estates and Facilities Fit for King’s values and high standards of customer care to ensure a World Class Service for a World Class University
- Commitment to attending internal and external CPD programmes as part of the Health and Fitness Coach team, keeping up to date with new techniques and trends and gaining additional qualifications where necessary to enhance the quality of services to members
- Any further duties, which may reasonably be required by King’s Sport Health and Fitness Management or King’s Sport Senior Management
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. A good level of education (A-level) or equivalent
2. Level 2 or above certified on REPS register
3. First Aid Qualified
4. Commitment to Continued Professional Development
5. Knowledge of the importance of physical fitness to individual health and wellbeing
6. Excellent communication skill across a variety of customer groups and ability to forge good relationships with a variety of departments or user groups
7. Experience of working with the needs of a broad range of Fitness members Experience of working with the needs of a broad range of Fitness members
8. Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations
9. Prepared to work flexible hours, including working weekends and evenings as required
10. A strong grasp of information technology and Microsoft office skills including word and excel.
1. A degree in Sport & Exercise science (or equivalent) or commensurate health and fitness experience
2. Spin Instructor Qualification
Interviews are due to be held mid to late September and the successful post holder will be required to work across all facilities.
As part of new Ways of Working Policy, this role is expected to be ‘On Campus’ full-time
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service