If you want to work in a friendly, fun environment where you’re really valued for your contribution then we may have the job for you.
Kings Food the internal catering department of Kings College London of looking to recruit a kitchen porter to work on our Guys campus at the Henriette Raphael Building. As a kitchen porter you will report into the chef manager and work closely with the kitchen team to ensure that high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are always maintained.
Your duties will be varied and include general day to day of the kitchen, food preparation areas and dish and pot washing.
You will assist the chefs with basic food preparation and be responsible for checking goods in and ensuring that they are correctly stored.
The idea candidate will be:
- A good team player
- Be reliable and efficient
- Have a flexible and positive approach
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Have a basic understanding of food safety and hygiene regulations
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post –
- General cleaning duties within the kitchen and food preparation areas
- Dish and pot washing
- Assisting the chefs with basic food preparation
- Checking in goods
- Storing goods correctly within fridges, freezers, and storerooms
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Complying with all health, hygiene, and safety legislation
- Operating a dishwasher
- Ensuring an adequate supply of clean crockery and cutlery
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Good written and oral communication
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant health, hygiene, and safety regulations
- Knowledge of cleaning products and materials
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Experience of basic food preparation
- Experience of operating a dishwasher
- Experience of cleaning kitchen areas
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Hold a current food handlers’ certificate
This post is subject to a Occupational Health clearance.