Lecturer in Culture, Media & Creative Industries Education (Project Management)
Culture, Media & Creative Industries
The Department of Culture, Media & Creative Industries seeks to hire a Lecturer in Culture, Media & Creative Industries Education (Academic Education Pathway). The post will contribute to pastoral support, engagement, and teaching across our BA Culture, Media & Creative Industries and three postgraduate programmes: Arts & Cultural Management MA; Cultural & Creative Industries MA and Global Media Industries MA. As an Academic Education Pathway (AEP) Lecturer, the successful candidate would be expected to have a particular focus on education and teaching in their role. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who can make a distinctive contribution, bridging theory and creative practice, and inspiring and informing students from a wide range of disciplinary and international backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from those with practitioner experience and expertise in creative project and events management.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD in Culture, Media & Creative Industries or a closely related discipline, or be very near to completion (i.e. submitted but awaiting viva/defence), with an excellent knowledge and understanding of a relevant field of expertise. They will be a highly effective educator, with experience of teaching and assessment in Higher Education (preferably in the UK), a commitment to student learning and welfare, and an aptitude for working within an interdisciplinary framework.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, as they are under-represented at this level.
In applying for this role please include a covering letter clearly indicating how you meet the essential and desirable criteria below, and an up-to-date CV.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Deliver outstanding teaching for BA and MA optional and core modules in the department
- Provide high quality supervisory guidance for BA and MA level dissertations
- Assess coursework and examinations as required
- Fulfil administrative tasks as directed by the Head of Department
- Contribute to the welfare of students through the personal tutor system
- Enable and expand students’ opportunities for creative practice and personal and professional development
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- PhD awarded or very near to completion in Culture, Media & Creative Industries or a relevant interdisciplinary field
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of a relevant field of expertise (especially relating to creative project and events management)
- Commitment to student learning, supporting student welfare, and enabling creative practice and personal and professional development
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, underpinned by excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience of teaching relevant subjects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with evidence of innovative and effective teaching and ability to engage and inspire students of diverse and international backgrounds
- Experience of grading a variety of assessment types at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and providing helpful and constructive feedback
- Experience of providing academic advice and pastoral support to students
- An interdisciplinary mindset and aptitude for working within an interdisciplinary framework, including teaching across disciplines and beyond the immediate field of expertise
- Aptitude for working collaboratively with colleagues in planning and delivering teaching and in the discharge of administrative duties
- Demonstrable networking skills, facilitating partnerships, and bridging creative professional and academic communities of practice
- Completion of appropriate training in Higher Education teaching and learning/academic practice
- Completion of appropriate training in equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion
- Experience of academic administration