King’s Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King’s College London, emerging out of the renowned School of Management & Business. We are looking to recruit an outstanding candidate to join the Economics Subject Group at lecturer level. We particularly welcome candidates who research and/or teach in macroeconomics.
We are looking for an early career candidate with a good research profile and potential to publish in the leading refereed journals in their field. We also expect commitment to excellence in teaching, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels . The King’s Business School and the Economics group are a thriving international research and teaching community. King’s Business school is located in Bush House, a historical building in the heart of London. Candidates must hold a PhD in Economics. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within the faculty at this level.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
- To take a role in the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- To undertake high-quality research in the subject area, to publish the findings in highly-rated internationally recognised journals and to participate in the major internationally recognised academic networks.
- To carry out administration as requested by the Executive Dean.
- Sustain high-quality research activity through a portfolio of individual and/or joint research projects and to secure the funding required for this research as required.
- Supervise postgraduate research students and/or research staff.
- Attend meetings and conferences to present research findings and thereby enhance the national and international standing of the School.
- Take responsibility for the planning, organisation and delivery of both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities within the School.
- Develop and use a variety of methods to assess student learning and provide feedback that is timely, relevant and appropriate.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Lecturer (Grade 7)
- PhD in relevant subject area
- Appropriate list of relevant publications and some experience of developing research projects and collaborative funding bids
- Some experience of teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- Desire to promote the subject at all levels
- Willingness to contribute to the pastoral care of students
- Some experience of being innovative in teaching and curriculum design
- Engagement in professional organisations (conference papers, workshops, memberships)
- Some experience of carrying out academic administration
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in the Faculty and university