Campus Maintenance Strand
Responsible for undertaking Hard Services planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements.
The role is critical to maintaining College functions and is part of a specialist team of operational maintenance technicians focussing upon critical, essential, Statutory and Non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance.
The Maintenance team (of which the Maintenance Technician is part) will have responsibility for the operational performance and safety of their buildings at all times, and will have responsibility for liaising with specialist sub contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery and maximum system uptime.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business critical systems across the Estate.
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct statutory system & asset testing, and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
- You will be expected to deliver a high level of Customer focused service and participated in additional training when required (Fit For King’s, ISO14001 environmental management system etc).
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Have good understanding of Health & Safety issues
2. Level 3 qualifications in Electrical and or Mechanical trades.
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Significant post qualification experience
1. IT literate
2. Complex Building Management Systems
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.